Comfortable, spacious & secure accommodation.
It does look great, but what is it?
Well it’s a rather well built, insulated wooden hut that provides basic accommodation much in the way of a tent. They are of a modest size with good headroom, and a forward projecting porch to provide some shelter if the doors are open. We have 2 sizes available, standard pods with an interior floor area some eight feet wide by nine feet long and family pods with a larger interior area of nine feet wide by 12 feet long.
There is a raised area of timber decking extending the ‘living area’ and providing somewhere to sun-bathe, prepare food or when the weather is bad, lose the wet gear before going inside.
The POD is designed to be comfortable – the roofing material is designed to cut down the noise of heavy rain. The window and lockable French doors are double glazed to reduce condensation and provide sound insulation. The wood used in the construction is a naturally ‘warm’ material but to provide extra winter warmth we have installed sheep’s wool insulation inside the walls while a special foil layer under the roof helps keep summer temperatures in check.
There is a small, high level window in the back wall this not only provide light but will help keep the living space well ventilated and aid ‘through draft’ on hot summer days.
Benefits of the POD
- Already set up when you get there – just move in!
- No taking down wet tents and drying before storing
- Non of the adverse effects of driving rain and wetness
- No wind whip or flapping to keep you awake
- No waking with the early dawns of the long days of summer
- More privacy and security
- All the benefits of an insulated structure in winter and summer
- Option of having heat, light and other electrical devices
- They are all the same – you can carry your own POD kit for maximum enjoyment
- A massive hit with kids – it’s a ‘den’ thing
Electric Hook Up.
What you need to bring:
We suggest you bring your own sleeping bags and pillows, together with a blanket to put under your sleeping bag for